Monday, January 9, 2012

Update: 2011 is Gone... YAH!

So I know it has been a few months since my last update.  With the loss of 2 loved ones in 2011, I just had absolutely no time. Especially since the settlement of both estates has fallen to me almost solely.  Mother's house is almost cleared out (thanks to some good friends). It doesn't look like that white elephant is going to sell and no family wants it. So it looks like the finance company will get it.  It is just to much to maintain it all. Especially for someone who was and is trying to simplify their life (me :)).

I have been living in my uncle's house for a bit now. I have been trying to get things organized and cleaned up. He was a bachelor that lived on the road about 50% of the year doing his food concession business.  Needless to say the house was a place that he crashed and recouped once the work was over. That being said most of the house was used for storage and just a small bit to live in.  I now have the storage contained to one room, the rest of the house back to looking sort of like a house. There is still much to do and lots to liquidate, but I am starting to get a handle on it.

All of this has also included dealing with the lawyers and my three week stint of selling fireworks at the end of this year.  So as you can see I have been pretty busy and with intermittent internet, it has been extremely hard to update my blog....but I have not and will not abandon it.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back. Sorry about the loss of your kin. You seem positive so keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you making a comeback. 2 deaths in 1 year and being estate executor is to much. You must be pretty strong.

    ReplyDelete