Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Have The Power

Well the vandwelling guru smiled on me today, in a really big way.  I went out this morning scouting for stuff.  I had nothing particular in mind, just a list of stuff I knew I was going to need. First stop was Uncle Twinkies, so called for his love of Hostess Twinkies. I knew there was a small suit case camp stove over there.   The kind that runs on a can of propane that looks like an aerosol spray can. They take up less room than most any woman's purse. While there we talked about the type of battery I needed. We agreed that the van was too small for lead acid, and there was no way I could afford AGM. So it was going to have to be gel. But even that was going to stretch the budget at the moment. Next stop was where Uncle Louie was working on his new freight truck.  I mentioned Uncle L in the previous blog.  He is the one that is the "King of Stuff".  Anyway he has a hot shot freight business. He recently purchased  two remote location trucks from a radio station to convert to freight trucks. This truck he was working on happen to still have a lot of the electrical stuff in it. But I didn't have a clue about this as I arrived at the shop. I was just going to show him what I had done to the van so far. Uncle L gets a kick out of fabrication. As we were talking I ask if he happened to have a deep cycle battery in all of his junk.  He grinned and sort of chuckled, then told me he didn't have junk, but he had lots of stuff. He also informed me that he had just taken four off the truck he was working on. Only two were any good, but I was more than welcome to one of them. Although they might be too big for what I wanted. As we strolled over to the batteries, I knew at that moment that I was being smiled on.  For there sat four Trojan AGM 4D's.   I had to resist the urge to ask for the other one.  When you are smiled upon, you don't get greedy. And Uncle L truly is the "King of Stuff", not junk.

1 comment: