Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Rose By Any Other Name

The van finally has a name after 3 months. Don't have a clue how I derived the name for the van. It just popped into my head and seemed to fit. So from now on she is the Gypsy Jalopy or just "Gypsy" for short. I spent the day tweeking Gypsy and adding some things.

The bed got moved from the tail of the van up behind the drivers seat.  I didn't put it here originally because of the controls for the rear air conditioner. But really it fits better there and I can always move a pillow if I need to use those controls.

I have made the curtains for the windows and tinted the rear window.  I can't imagine why the rear window was not tinted like the sides. Tinting the side windows is not much help when you have the huge rear glass amplifying heat through it.

Tinting windows is not very complicated.  A bottle of windex, exacto knife, tape measure and a squeegee. Although, I didn't have a squeegee so I used a grocery bonus card. Now I have to get a new card for that store...... I dropped it down in the door as I was smoothing the tint down into the edge of the window.  Oh well, at least now I know those cards have a purpose, because I never seem to have it when I get to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment