Saturday, August 6, 2011

Humpty Dumpty Sat On A Wall

Well you know what happened .... he fell off.  Humpty and I have something in common today.  I try not to complain or even mention my inabilities. Therefore most people think I don't really have them.  I actually have a list but I promise not to list them for you. There is nothing worse than someone who sits around all the time complaining about what they can't do and why. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with saying you can't do something because....but make it short.  I'd rather concentrate on the few things left I can do. Anyway, about my fall today. I was coming down the back steps of my Mothers house and got almost to the bottom when the world turned upside down. I am not talking a short set of steps. As I mentioned before my Mothers house was built in 1843. The house itself is actually on the upper floor, the ground floor is an equivalent size basement of rooms. Fortunately, I was almost to the bottom or I would be in the hospital or worse right now.  As I lay there looking at the sky, I took inventory of the damage. I never move until I do this. I could tell my right knee and left hand took most of the impact. I don't know why but my right knee always seems to be the one that gets it.  I have trouble with it because of that. The outer damage is not to terrible, one scraped up right knee.  It is the inner damage that is going to give me problems for the next few days. You see, my spine is deteriorating from top to bottom. So for the next few days at least, I will be here on the internet. I have no idea what I will blog about since I won't be able to do anything on Gypsy. I guess I will know when the idea hits me and I post it.

1 comment:

  1. Rest and recuperate ...
    How about telling us if you know where you plan to go when you have your escape gypsy jalopy ready?

    Bob (aka stude53)

    ReplyDelete