Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sustenance and Such

The amount of food you eat depends on your body's requirements. I am what you call a grazer.  Instead of the standard three squares a day, I eat five or six small meals. Most of the time these are simple meals, some fruit with crackers and cheese, a salad, or fold over sandwich.  I guess I eat more times because I simply don't eat much at a sitting. Also I like a lot of fruit and vegetables which have a faster digestion rate.  I don't watch fat counts, calories or pay close attention to what is good/bad for me.  I eat what I like, just not much of it per sitting. One thing I naturally don't eat much is deep fried foods. Again not because it's bad for you but because I just don't care for it.

I guess my eating habits would be suited to this lifestyle if I could find a fridge that would work in the van.  I have tried a 2.5 cu ft refrigerator and a thermoelectric cooler.  Neither worked, my 1000w inverter would not start the refrigerator.  It supposedly ran on 1.5amp with a 6.3amp start up. This calculates to a 725 watts start up and 173 watts to run... the inverter just squealed on start up.  So next I tried the 12v cooler. These things might work in a milder climate, but not here.  Even at night when temperatures ranged in the high 70's, nothing in the cooler was really any cooler than the ambient temperature.  So it's back to the drawing board for refrigeration. Somehow there has to be a solution that doesn't cost 6-9 hundred dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment